all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#28391: line-pixel-height works at bol but not at eol
@ 2017-09-08 12:23 Tak Kunihiro
From: Tak Kunihiro @ 2017-09-08 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 28391; +Cc: tkk

When point is at the end of line with an inline image,
line-pixel-height returns height of text instead of that of image.  I
wonder if following response is because of bug or spec.

GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
emacs -Q
M-x about-emacs
M-x beginning-of-buffer
M-: (line-pixel-height) => 188
M-x move-end-of-line
M-: (line-pixel-height) => 22

-- Function: line-pixel-height
    This function returns the height in pixels of the line at point in
    the selected window.  The value includes the line spacing of the
    line (*note Line Height::).

* bug#28391: line-pixel-height works at bol but not at eol
@ 2017-09-08 13:17 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2017-09-08 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tak Kunihiro; +Cc: 28391

> Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 21:23:57 +0900 (JST)
> From: Tak Kunihiro <tkk@misasa.okayama-u.ac.jp>
> Cc: tkk@misasa.okayama-u.ac.jp
>
> When point is at the end of line with an inline image,
> line-pixel-height returns height of text instead of that of image.  I
> wonder if following response is because of bug or spec.
>
> GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
> emacs -Q
> M-x about-emacs
> M-x beginning-of-buffer
> M-: (line-pixel-height) => 188
> M-x move-end-of-line
> M-: (line-pixel-height) => 22

Thanks, this bug should be fixed now.

* bug#28391: line-pixel-height works at bol but not at eol
@ 2017-09-11 22:59   ` Tak Kunihiro
From: Tak Kunihiro @ 2017-09-11 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eliz; +Cc: 28391, tkk

Thank you for the response.

>> When point is at the end of line with an inline image,
>> line-pixel-height returns height of text instead of that of image.  I
>> wonder if following response is because of bug or spec.
>>
>> GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
>> emacs -Q
>> M-x about-emacs
>> M-x beginning-of-buffer
>> M-: (line-pixel-height) => 188
>> M-x move-end-of-line
>> M-: (line-pixel-height) => 22
>
> Thanks, this bug should be fixed now.

I confirmed that (line-pixel-height) returns correct
height when point is at the end of line on macOS 10.9.5.

* bug#28391: line-pixel-height works at bol but not at eol
@ 2017-09-12  2:35     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2017-09-12  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tak Kunihiro; +Cc: 28391-done

> Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 07:59:00 +0900 (JST)
> Cc: 28391@debbugs.gnu.org, tkk@misasa.okayama-u.ac.jp
> From: Tak Kunihiro <tkk@misasa.okayama-u.ac.jp>
>
> > Thanks, this bug should be fixed now.
>
> I confirmed that (line-pixel-height) returns correct
> height when point is at the end of line on macOS 10.9.5.

Thanks, closing.