all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Bazaar access problems with Savannah
@ 2012-02-18 10:31 Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2012-02-18 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'm having problems with branching Bazaar repositories on Savannah.  I
can successfully branch e.g. lp:nxhtml but not Emacs.

Here are some examples that work and don't work:

d:\repos\emacs>bzr branch bzr+ssh://damd@bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk
bzr: ERROR: Unable to connect to SSH host bzr.savannah.gnu.org; Unable
to connect to bzr.savannah.gnu.org: [Errno 10013] An attempt was made to
access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

d:\repos\emacs>bzr branch bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk
bzr: ERROR: Connection error: failed to connect to
bzr.savannah.gnu.org:4155: An attempt was made to access a socket in a
way forbidden by its access permissions

d:\repos\emacs>bzr branch lp:nxhtml
You have not informed bzr of your Launchpad ID, and you must do this to
write to Launchpad or access private data.  See "bzr help launchpad-login".
Branched 834 revision(s).

D:\repos\emacs>telnet bzr.savannah.gnu.org 22
Connecting To bzr.savannah.gnu.org...Could not open connection to the
host, on port 22: Connect failed

D:\repos\emacs>telnet bzr.savannah.gnu.org 443
SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.9

I can also access http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/ through my web browser
with no problems.

Any ideas?  I've turned off all Windows Firewall features and the
firewall in my Internet router, but nothing seems to help.

Deniz

* Re: Bazaar access problems with Savannah
@ 2012-02-18 10:42 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2012-02-18 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deniz Dogan; +Cc: emacs-devel

Deniz Dogan <deniz@dogan.se> writes:

> D:\repos\emacs>telnet bzr.savannah.gnu.org 22
> Connecting To bzr.savannah.gnu.org...Could not open connection to the
> host, on port 22: Connect failed

You need to fix that.  It is a problem on your side.

> D:\repos\emacs>telnet bzr.savannah.gnu.org 443
> SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.9

As a workaround you can use bzr+ssh://bzr.sv.gnu.org:443/emacs/trunk/
instead.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org

* Re: Bazaar access problems with Savannah
@ 2012-02-18 11:49 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-02-18 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deniz Dogan; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 11:31:23 +0100
> From: Deniz Dogan <deniz@dogan.se>
>
> I'm having problems with branching Bazaar repositories on Savannah.  I
> can successfully branch e.g. lp:nxhtml but not Emacs.

I have no such problems here.

> D:\repos\emacs>telnet bzr.savannah.gnu.org 22
> Connecting To bzr.savannah.gnu.org...Could not open connection to the
> host, on port 22: Connect failed

If you say "plink -v -l damd -P 22 bzr.savannah.gnu.org", what do you
see?  (For me, using my username, it grants access, but then says, as
expected, "Interactive shell login is not possible for security
reasons".)

* Re: Bazaar access problems with Savannah
@ 2012-02-18 12:18   ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2012-02-18 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2012-02-18 12:49, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 11:31:23 +0100
>> From: Deniz Dogan<deniz@dogan.se>
>>
>> I'm having problems with branching Bazaar repositories on Savannah.  I
>> can successfully branch e.g. lp:nxhtml but not Emacs.
>
> I have no such problems here.
>
>> D:\repos\emacs>telnet bzr.savannah.gnu.org 22
>> Connecting To bzr.savannah.gnu.org...Could not open connection to the
>> host, on port 22: Connect failed
>
> If you say "plink -v -l damd -P 22 bzr.savannah.gnu.org", what do you
> see?  (For me, using my username, it grants access, but then says, as
> expected, "Interactive shell login is not possible for security
> reasons".)

C:\Users\Deniz>plink -v -l damd -P 22 bzr.savannah.gnu.org
Looking up host "bzr.savannah.gnu.org"
Connecting to 140.186.70.72 port 22
Failed to connect to 140.186.70.72: Network error: Permission denied
Network error: Permission denied
FATAL ERROR: Network error: Permission denied

* Re: Bazaar access problems with Savannah
@ 2012-02-18 12:31     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-02-18 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deniz Dogan; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 13:18:57 +0100
> From: Deniz Dogan <deniz@dogan.se>
>
> > If you say "plink -v -l damd -P 22 bzr.savannah.gnu.org", what do you
> > see?  (For me, using my username, it grants access, but then says, as
> > expected, "Interactive shell login is not possible for security
> > reasons".)
> >

> C:\Users\Deniz>plink -v -l damd -P 22 bzr.savannah.gnu.org
> Looking up host "bzr.savannah.gnu.org"
> Connecting to 140.186.70.72 port 22
> Failed to connect to 140.186.70.72: Network error: Permission denied
> Network error: Permission denied
> FATAL ERROR: Network error: Permission denied

Looks like something is blocking port 22 connections on your side.

* Re: Bazaar access problems with Savannah
@ 2012-02-18 13:19       ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2012-02-18 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2012-02-18 13:31, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 13:18:57 +0100
>> From: Deniz Dogan<deniz@dogan.se>
>>
>>> If you say "plink -v -l damd -P 22 bzr.savannah.gnu.org", what do you
>>> see?  (For me, using my username, it grants access, but then says, as
>>> expected, "Interactive shell login is not possible for security
>>> reasons".)
>>>

>> C:\Users\Deniz>plink -v -l damd -P 22 bzr.savannah.gnu.org
>> Looking up host "bzr.savannah.gnu.org"
>> Connecting to 140.186.70.72 port 22
>> Failed to connect to 140.186.70.72: Network error: Permission denied
>> Network error: Permission denied
>> FATAL ERROR: Network error: Permission denied
>
> Looks like something is blocking port 22 connections on your side.

It's really weird because I can successfully use SSH to other hosts on
that port.

* Re: Bazaar access problems with Savannah
@ 2012-02-18 13:35         ` Eli Zaretskii
       [not found]           ` <4F3FB100.8030008@dogan.se>
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-02-18 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deniz Dogan; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 14:19:20 +0100
> From: Deniz Dogan <deniz@dogan.se>
>
> >> C:\Users\Deniz>plink -v -l damd -P 22 bzr.savannah.gnu.org
> >> Looking up host "bzr.savannah.gnu.org"
> >> Connecting to 140.186.70.72 port 22
> >> Failed to connect to 140.186.70.72: Network error: Permission denied
> >> Network error: Permission denied
> >> FATAL ERROR: Network error: Permission denied
> >
> > Looks like something is blocking port 22 connections on your side.
> >

> It's really weird because I can successfully use SSH to other hosts on
> that port.

Try deleting the corresponding session in PuTTY, and then adding it
back again.

@ 2012-02-18 14:32             ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-02-18 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deniz Dogan; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 15:09:04 +0100
> From: Deniz Dogan <deniz@dogan.se>
>
> On 2012-02-18 14:35, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >> Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 14:19:20 +0100
> >> From: Deniz Dogan<deniz@dogan.se>

> >> It's really weird because I can successfully use SSH to other hosts on
> >> that port.
> >
> > Try deleting the corresponding session in PuTTY, and then adding it
> > back again.
>
> I tried it using Telnet, nothing from the PuTTY suite involved.
>
> However, even after I removed the session from PuTTY, I can SSH to the
> host, but not to bzr.savannah.gnu.org.

Did anything change in your system configuration since the last time
you successfully used bzr+ssh?

Do you see anything relevant in your system Event Log?

Do you have some antivirus installed that may be attempting to block
these connections?

(And what Windows version is that?)