all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Comparing buffers
@ 2014-02-09  4:05 Doug Harter
From: Doug Harter @ 2014-02-09  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When I try to compare 2 buffers, I get the following message:

Searching for program: no such file or directory, diff

Do I have to have something installed somewhere?

If so, what is it and where can I find it? I am running the Windows version
of EMacs.

* Re: Comparing buffers
@ 2014-02-09 16:12 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2014-02-09 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: "Doug Harter" <dougharter@comcast.net>
> Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 23:05:16 -0500
>
> When I try to compare 2 buffers, I get the following message:
>
> Searching for program: no such file or directory, diff
>
> Do I have to have something installed somewhere?

Yes, you need to install a diff.exe program, part of GNU Diffutils.

> If so, what is it and where can I find it?

Try on the GnuWin32 site.