all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to configure nlinum to separate line numbers, buffer contents with a space?
@ 2014-04-24 18:08 Andrew Pennebaker
From: Andrew Pennebaker @ 2014-04-24 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Help

I recently discovered nlinum <http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/nlinum.html>, an
alternative to linum that doesn't choke when pasting huge blocks of text
into Emacs from other applications, yay!

Unfortunately, nlinum places line numbers right next to buffer contents,
which makes it harder to read any numbers in the buffer.

Does anyone know how to configure nlinum to separate line numbers and
buffer contents with a space?

--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker
www.yellosoft.us

* Re: How to configure nlinum to separate line numbers, buffer contents with a space?
@ 2014-04-25  4:12 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-04-25  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Unfortunately, nlinum places line numbers right next to buffer contents,
> which makes it harder to read any numbers in the buffer.

It doesn't for me (there's the left fringe in between).  Can you figure
out why don't have that?

* Re: How to configure nlinum to separate line numbers, buffer contents with a space?
@ 2014-04-25  7:15   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2014-04-25  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 00:12:51 -0400
>
> > Unfortunately, nlinum places line numbers right next to buffer contents,
> > which makes it harder to read any numbers in the buffer.
>
> It doesn't for me (there's the left fringe in between).  Can you figure
> out why don't have that?

Because he is on a TTY?  Or disabled the fringes in a GUI session?

* Re: How to configure nlinum to separate line numbers, buffer contents with a space?
@ 2014-04-25 12:45     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-04-25 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

>> It doesn't for me (there's the left fringe in between).  Can you figure
>> out why don't have that?
> Because he is on a TTY?

Ah, right, that must be it.