all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [Emacs-diffs] master 8275687: Fix a segfault due to failure to realize some faces
@ 2017-03-26 13:50 Tino Calancha
From: Tino Calancha @ 2017-03-26 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Hi,

can someone reproduce the following issue?

emacs -Q ~
;; The Dired buffer appear messy: Some columns are duplicated.
;; Just hit for instance, 'g' clean the buffer and show it correctly.  If you
;; hit arrow keys instead, for instance <down>, the buffer keeps messy.

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 8275687: Fix a segfault due to failure to realize some faces
@ 2017-03-26 14:36 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2017-03-26 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tino Calancha; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Tino Calancha <tino.calancha@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 22:50:12 +0900
>
> can someone reproduce the following issue?

Doesn't happen here.

> emacs -Q ~
> ;; The Dired buffer appear messy: Some columns are duplicated.
> ;; Just hit for instance, 'g' clean the buffer and show it correctly.  If you
> ;; hit arrow keys instead, for instance <down>, the buffer keeps messy.

What about "M-x redraw-display RET" right after you get the initial
messed-up buffer -- does that fix the display?

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 8275687: Fix a segfault due to failure to realize some faces
@ 2017-03-26 20:11 ` Andreas Politz
From: Andreas Politz @ 2017-03-26 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tino Calancha; +Cc: Emacs developers

Tino Calancha <tino.calancha@gmail.com> writes:

> can someone reproduce the following issue?
>
> emacs -Q ~
> ;; The Dired buffer appear messy: Some columns are duplicated.
> ;; Just hit for instance, 'g' clean the buffer and show it correctly.  If you
> ;; hit arrow keys instead, for instance <down>, the buffer keeps messy.

Yes, I can.  C-l makes it go away as well as entering the mini-buffer.

-ap

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 8275687: Fix a segfault due to failure to realize some faces
@ 2017-03-27  2:26   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2017-03-27  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Politz; +Cc: emacs-devel, tino.calancha

> From: Andreas Politz <politza@hochschule-trier.de>
> Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 22:11:28 +0200
> Cc: Emacs developers <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> Tino Calancha <tino.calancha@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > can someone reproduce the following issue?
> >
> > emacs -Q ~
> > ;; The Dired buffer appear messy: Some columns are duplicated.
> > ;; Just hit for instance, 'g' clean the buffer and show it correctly.  If you
> > ;; hit arrow keys instead, for instance <down>, the buffer keeps messy.
>
> Yes, I can.  C-l makes it go away as well as entering the mini-buffer.

This indicates it's a redisplay problem.

Did the problem go away with my latest changes to xdisp.c on master?

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 8275687: Fix a segfault due to failure to realize some faces
@ 2017-03-27  8:11 ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2017-03-27  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tino Calancha; +Cc: Emacs developers

On Sun, Mar 26 2017, Tino Calancha wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can someone reproduce the following issue?
>
> emacs -Q ~
> ;; The Dired buffer appear messy: Some columns are duplicated.
> ;; Just hit for instance, 'g' clean the buffer and show it correctly.  If you
> ;; hit arrow keys instead, for instance <down>, the buffer keeps messy.

Does not happen for me. GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 1, i686-pc-linux-gnu,
GTK+ Version 3.4.2), built 2017-03-26.

Colin.

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 8275687: Fix a segfault due to failure to realize some faces
@ 2017-03-27  8:59     ` Andreas Politz
From: Andreas Politz @ 2017-03-27  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel, tino.calancha

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> > can someone reproduce the following issue?
>> >
>> > emacs -Q ~
>> > ;; The Dired buffer appear messy: Some columns are duplicated.
>> > ;; Just hit for instance, 'g' clean the buffer and show it correctly.  If you
>> > ;; hit arrow keys instead, for instance <down>, the buffer keeps messy.
>>
>> Yes, I can.  C-l makes it go away as well as entering the mini-buffer.
>
> This indicates it's a redisplay problem.
>
> Did the problem go away with my latest changes to xdisp.c on master?

Yes, it did.

-ap

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 8275687: Fix a segfault due to failure to realize some faces
@ 2017-03-27 10:37       ` Tino Calancha
From: Tino Calancha @ 2017-03-27 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Politz; +Cc: Eli Zaretskii, Emacs developers, Tino Calancha

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, Andreas Politz wrote:

>>> Yes, I can.  C-l makes it go away as well as entering the mini-buffer.
>>
>> This indicates it's a redisplay problem.
>>
>> Did the problem go away with my latest changes to xdisp.c on master?
>
> Yes, it did.
And for me too!  Sorry i was sleeping.  Sometimes i have that hobby, not
often though :-S

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 8275687: Fix a segfault due to failure to realize some faces
@ 2017-03-27 14:31       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2017-03-27 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Politz; +Cc: emacs-devel, tino.calancha

> From: Andreas Politz <politza@hochschule-trier.de>
> Cc: tino.calancha@gmail.com,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 10:59:52 +0200

> >> Yes, I can.  C-l makes it go away as well as entering the mini-buffer.
> >
> > This indicates it's a redisplay problem.
> >
> > Did the problem go away with my latest changes to xdisp.c on master?
>
> Yes, it did.

Great, thanks for testing.

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 8275687: Fix a segfault due to failure to realize some faces
@ 2017-03-27 14:44         ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2017-03-27 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tino Calancha; +Cc: politza, emacs-devel

> From: Tino Calancha <tino.calancha@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 19:37:54 +0900 (JST)
> cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, Tino Calancha <tino.calancha@gmail.com>,
>     Emacs developers <emacs-devel@gnu.org>

> >> This indicates it's a redisplay problem.
> >>
> >> Did the problem go away with my latest changes to xdisp.c on master?
> >
> > Yes, it did.
> And for me too!

Great, thanks.

> Sorry i was sleeping.  Sometimes i have that hobby, not
> often though :-S

We are all human.