all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
To: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: A problem with old bugs
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 18:51:02 +0200	[thread overview]

> From: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 07:15:09 +0100
>
> >> Unfortunately, I have to say that I got very little feedback.  There was
> >> some discussion (John's on testing, Eli's on my stupid mistakes etc.),
> >> but my patches/emails are mainly left there undecided.
> >
> > Can you tell which bugs are those?  I'd like to look them up and see
> > why they stalled.
>
> As I said above, 21072, 19873 and one patch submitted here:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-02/msg00707.html

I replied to the 2 bug reports, let's hope we will get the ball
rolling again on them.

As for the patch posted here, I think it makes sense to make such
changes only if they are done in all modes.  Doing that only in one
major mode will only confuse people.  So if you'd like to pursue this
change (and I do think it would be a good change), please make the
change in a way that will produce similar behavior in all the other
modes with define their beginning-of-defun functionality.

Thanks, and sorry about your reports falling through the cracks.