all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Font Interaction
@ 2010-04-21  7:35 Paulo J. Matos
From: Paulo J. Matos @ 2010-04-21  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I am trying to understand how the font settings interact between each
other in other to solve unicode issues.
For example, I tend to run emacs-23.1 in a console both in windows and
linux. The windows combination is Putty/Emacs and the Linux is
GnomeShell/Emacs. Now, both the GnomeShell and Putty have its font
setting. Emacs also has a font setting. If I don't set a font in emacs
but I do set a font in GnomeShell and Putty to one that supports
unicode, emacs still doesn't render that (obviously doesn't know about
the font).

So, what's the best way to handle this interaction? Should I configure
the terminal and Emacs to use the same font? What's the best solution
around for this?

Cheers,

--
PMatos