all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* MS-DOS pull-down menus...
@ 2013-08-16 14:53 Marko Vojinovic
From: Marko Vojinovic @ 2013-08-16 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi everyone! :-)

When I first joined this list, I asked a question about the support for
DOS-like look&feel menus in Emacs (when run in a text terminal). Eli
gave me the following answer [1]:

On Monday 25 July 2011 16:14:58 Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko@gmail.com>
> > Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 23:22:31 +0100
> >
> > 1) Is there a package to recreate the old MS-DOS pull-down menu
> > display, instead of the default "open new buffer to display menu
> > items" behavior (invoked by F10)?
>
> I don't think so.  Someone(TM) should back-port the DOS code that
> supports menus of a text-only terminal to the rest of Emacs
> platforms.

Now (couple of years later), I have the follow-up question:

Can anyone give me a link to download this DOS code? I'd like to take a
look... :-)

Best, :-)
Marko

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2011-07/msg00296.html