all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Filling comments in opascal mode
@ 2020-01-24 14:11 Pascal Quesseveur
From: Pascal Quesseveur @ 2020-01-24 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I can't understand how opascal-fill-comment is supposed to work.

I'm in a multi-line comment, only one paragraph:

{
text}

I activate opascal-fill-comment: (bound to M-q) the paragraph is
filled and indented by 2 spaces. I modify the comment, I activate
opascal-fill-comment. The paragraph is filled but it is indented by 4
spaces. And so on.

content-indent is 1, then 2, 4, 16, ...

--
Pascal Quesseveur
pquessev@gmail.com

* Re: Filling comments in opascal mode
@ 2020-01-24 17:58 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2020-01-24 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> I can't understand how opascal-fill-comment is supposed to work.

I think what you're describing is just a bug.

Filling comments is in a pretty sad state in Emacs.
[ I actually tried to fix this sad state back in the days of Emacs-21/22
  and got something more or less working, but rather than finish it,
  I let it bitrot and now I can't even find it any more.  ]