all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
To: "Vincent Belaïche" <vincent.b.1@hotmail.fr>
Cc: vincent.b.1@hotmail.fr, monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: 5x5 Arithmetic solver
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 10:49:27 +0300	[thread overview]

> From: Vincent Belaïche <vincent.b.1@hotmail.fr>
> Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 09:15:57 +0200
> Cc: Vincent Belaïche <vincent.b.1@hotmail.fr>
>
> >- Please capitalize your comments and terminate them with a "." or some
> >  other appropriate punctuation.
> [...]
> For all the remaining comments I have done it

Did you send the corrected version?  Because I still see
non-capitalized comments that don't fall under any of your exceptions:

> +	 ;; transfer matrix is the 25x25 matrix applied everytime a flip is
> +	 ;; carried out where a flip is defined by a 25x1 Dirac vector --- ie
> +	 ;; all zeros but 1 in the position that is flipped.
> [...]
> +	 ;; by construction ctransferm-:-2 = 0, so ctransferm-1-2 = 0
> +	 ;; and ctransferm-2-2 = 0
> [...]
> +	 ;; any cx-2 can do, so there are 2^transferm-kernel-size solutions
> +	 (solution-list
> +	  ;; within solution-list each element is a cons cell (HW . SOL) where
> +	  ;; HW is the Hamming weight of solution, and SOL is the solution in
> +	  ;; the form of a grid.
> [...]
> +	   ;; sort solutions according to respective Hamming weight

By the way, please leave two spaces after the period that ends a
sentence.  This is our convention in any text we write in Emacs,
including comments, doc strings, and manuals.

> >- we need a ChangeLog entry.
>
> Here it is:

> 2011-05-21  Vincent Belaïche  <vincentb1@users.sourceforge.net>
>
> 	* play/5x5.el: Add an arithmetic solver to suggest positions to
> 	click on.

No, that's not enough.  What you've written is the summary line, but
the ChangeLog also needs the details: which functions and variables
were added or deleted, which were modified and how, etc.  Like this:

	(5x5-solver-output): New defvar.
	(5x5-local-variables): New defconst.
	(5x5-mode): Make all variables in 5x5-local-variables local.
	(5x5): Set 5x5-grid-size only if SIZE is non-negative.

etc.  You can see plenty of examples of the exact style in the
ChangeLog files.

Please also spell-check your comments and doc strings, there are a few
non-English words I spotted here and there.

Thanks.