all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Handling large files with Emacs
@ 2012-10-23 19:33 Fab
From: Fab @ 2012-10-23 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear All

I know this subject might have been discussed alot already.

I had to work with a vast bibTeX file today and Emacs almost died and
got super slow, which made working with Emacs impossible.  So I switched
to Vim.  However, I use Emacs since some years now and the only thing
that really bothers me is this issue.  I do not need to work with large
files a lot, but when I do, Emacs is not my side kick anymore.  I tried
some additional packages, but none of them really satisfied me.  Why is
Vim still so fast and smooth when it deals with large files?  How do you
handle this issue with Emacs?  I would love to see Emacs get over this
issue some day.

Thanks for your feedback!

Fab