all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [macos] memory use up to 1gb
@ 2019-09-05  3:25 Jean-Christophe Helary
From: Jean-Christophe Helary @ 2019-09-05  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

I'm starting emacs with 30 buffers (of which 28 are files), with no running processes and the memory footprint is about 150 mb.

After a few days of working with the buffers (mostly text editing, org-mode use, packages updates, etc.) I end up with more than 1gb of memory footprint.

Is that an anomaly ? Does that correspond to undo information and other things like that ? If that's an anomaly, how do I debug that (it seems to take some time to reach that value) or how do I avoid that phenomenon ?

I'm using the regularly updated "vanilla" master branche (simple "make install" on macos 10.14.6).

Jean-Christophe Helary