all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* merge conflict in keyboard.c in the xwidget branch
@ 2015-01-11 12:26 joakim
From: joakim @ 2015-01-11 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Emacs developers

I was going to merge master to xwidget, as I susally do.

There was a pretty large conflict that I didnt understand though.
It is included below.

The only thing I actuall have in this conflict is this:
#ifdef HAVE_XWIDGETS
Lisp_Object Qxwidget_event;
#endif

How do I go about resolving the conflict properly?

The conflict:

<<<<<<< HEAD
/* Symbols to head events.  */
static Lisp_Object Qmouse_movement;
static Lisp_Object Qscroll_bar_movement;
Lisp_Object Qswitch_frame;
static Lisp_Object Qfocus_in, Qfocus_out;
static Lisp_Object Qdelete_frame;
static Lisp_Object Qiconify_frame;
static Lisp_Object Qmake_frame_visible;
static Lisp_Object Qselect_window;
Lisp_Object Qhelp_echo;

static Lisp_Object Qmouse_fixup_help_message;

/* Symbols to denote kinds of events.  */
static Lisp_Object Qfunction_key;
Lisp_Object Qmouse_click;
#ifdef HAVE_NTGUI
Lisp_Object Qlanguage_change;
#endif
static Lisp_Object Qdrag_n_drop;
static Lisp_Object Qsave_session;
#ifdef HAVE_DBUS
static Lisp_Object Qdbus_event;
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_XWIDGETS
Lisp_Object Qxwidget_event;
#endif
#ifdef USE_FILE_NOTIFY
static Lisp_Object Qfile_notify;
#endif /* USE_FILE_NOTIFY */
static Lisp_Object Qconfig_changed_event;

/* Lisp_Object Qmouse_movement; - also an event header */

/* Properties of event headers.  */
Lisp_Object Qevent_kind;
static Lisp_Object Qevent_symbol_elements;

/* Menu and tool bar item parts.  */
static Lisp_Object Qmenu_enable;
static Lisp_Object QCenable, QCvisible, QChelp, QCkeys, QCkey_sequence;
Lisp_Object QCfilter;

/* Non-nil disable property on a command means
   do not execute it; call disabled-command-function's value instead.  */
Lisp_Object QCtoggle, QCradio;
static Lisp_Object QCbutton, QClabel;

static Lisp_Object QCvert_only;

/* An event header symbol HEAD may have a property named
   Qevent_symbol_element_mask, which is of the form (BASE MODIFIERS);
   BASE is the base, unmodified version of HEAD, and MODIFIERS is the
   mask of modifiers applied to it.  If present, this is used to help
   speed up parse_modifiers.  */
Lisp_Object Qevent_symbol_element_mask;

/* An unmodified event header BASE may have a property named
   Qmodifier_cache, which is an alist mapping modifier masks onto
   modified versions of BASE.  If present, this helps speed up
   apply_modifiers.  */
static Lisp_Object Qmodifier_cache;

/* Symbols to use for parts of windows.  */
Lisp_Object Qmode_line;
Lisp_Object Qvertical_line;
Lisp_Object Qright_divider, Qbottom_divider;
Lisp_Object Qmenu_bar;

static Lisp_Object Qecho_keystrokes;

=======

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: merge conflict in keyboard.c in the xwidget branch
@ 2015-01-11 15:48 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2015-01-11 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: joakim@verona.se
> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 13:26:25 +0100
>
> I was going to merge master to xwidget, as I susally do.
>
> There was a pretty large conflict that I didnt understand though.
> It is included below.
>
> The only thing I actuall have in this conflict is this:
> #ifdef HAVE_XWIDGETS
> Lisp_Object Qxwidget_event;
> #endif
>
> How do I go about resolving the conflict properly?

None of the Q* variables that represent symbols should be declared
now.  Their declarations will be generated automagically.  You need to
have the DEFSYM lines for each one of them, and that's all.

So simply remove all those declarations, and rebuild.