all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Should Text motion commands have no menu entry?
@ 2015-05-17 20:18 Vaidheeswaran C
From: Vaidheeswaran C @ 2015-05-17 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I was looking at the http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/tour/ hoping to
get some inspiration for my "Emacs Primer".  Man of the text
navigation commands do NOT have a menu entry.  Is it a deliberate
decision? If not, can the situation be changed.

| The most basic buffer movement commands move point (the cursor) by
| rows (lines) or columns (characters):
|

|    C-f  Forward one character     C-b  Back one character
|    C-n  Next line     C-p  Previous line
|

| Here are some ways to move around in larger increments:
|
|    C-a  Beginning of line     C-e  End of line
|    M-f  Forward one word     M-b  Back one word
|    M-a  Previous sentence     M-e  Next sentence
|    M-v  Previous screen     C-v  Next screen
|    M-<  Beginning of buffer     M->  End of buffer

To the above list, I will also add paragraph and page navigation
commands.