all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#62498: 29.0.60; paredit and native-comp issues
@ 2023-03-27 20:41 Christos Vagias
From: Christos Vagias @ 2023-03-27 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 62498

I'm experiencing issues in emacs 29 built from source (commit
08fbc133756) when using paredit.
When native-compilation hasn't yet created the .eln file it's working
fine. When it's natively compiled though I'm having issues such that
(example is when M-x paredit-mode)

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function toggle)
  toggle(toggle #^[nil nil keymap ....
  paredit-mode(toggle)
  funcall-interactively(paredit-mode toggle)
  command-execute(paredit-mode record)

Please let me know what other information would be helpful.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.37, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-03-25 built on actondev-eos-hp
Repository revision: 08fbc133756be38c02f04f64dbe0e2c9c1d0f228
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101007
System Description: EndeavourOS

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-json --with-tree-sitter
 --with-imagemagick --prefix=/opt/emacs-29'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  paredit-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug paredit edmacro kmacro paredit-autoloads
misearch multi-isearch mule-util cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load wid-edit
display-line-numbers mm-archive message sendmail yank-media dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils gnutls network-stream url-cache url-http
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr url-gw nsm puny epg rfc6068 epg-config finder-inf package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core password-cache json map url-vars
help-fns radix-tree cl-print byte-opt debug backtrace find-func
cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv
cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 303784 40253)
 (symbols 48 12138 4)
 (strings 32 61075 3622)
 (string-bytes 1 1586242)
 (vectors 16 30129)
 (vector-slots 8 700147 59805)
 (floats 8 50 284)
 (intervals 56 20955 285)
 (buffers 984 17))

* bug#62498: 29.0.60; paredit and native-comp issues
@ 2023-03-28 12:05 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-03-28 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christos Vagias, Andrea Corallo; +Cc: 62498

> From: Christos Vagias <chris.actondev@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 22:41:32 +0200
>
> I'm experiencing issues in emacs 29 built from source (commit
> 08fbc133756) when using paredit.
> When native-compilation hasn't yet created the .eln file it's working
> fine. When it's natively compiled though I'm having issues such that
> (example is when M-x paredit-mode)
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function toggle)
>   toggle(toggle #^[nil nil keymap ....
>   paredit-mode(toggle)
>   funcall-interactively(paredit-mode toggle)
>   command-execute(paredit-mode record)

Could be bug#61917 again.

* bug#62498: 29.0.60; paredit and native-comp issues
@ 2023-06-05 14:44   ` Andrea Corallo
From: Andrea Corallo @ 2023-06-05 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: 62498, Christos Vagias, Andrea Corallo

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Christos Vagias <chris.actondev@gmail.com>
>> Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 22:41:32 +0200
>>
>> I'm experiencing issues in emacs 29 built from source (commit
>> 08fbc133756) when using paredit.
>> When native-compilation hasn't yet created the .eln file it's working
>> fine. When it's natively compiled though I'm having issues such that
>> (example is when M-x paredit-mode)
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function toggle)
>>   toggle(toggle #^[nil nil keymap ....
>>   paredit-mode(toggle)
>>   funcall-interactively(paredit-mode toggle)
>>   command-execute(paredit-mode record)
>
> Could be bug#61917 again.

Yep probably.  Latest paredit is native compiling fine for me ATM.

Christos could you report if you still see the issue or it's fixed for
you as well?

Thanks

  Andrea

* bug#62498: 29.0.60; paredit and native-comp issues
@ 2023-08-16  8:57     ` Andrea Corallo
From: Andrea Corallo @ 2023-08-16  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: 62498-done, Christos Vagias, Andrea Corallo

Andrea Corallo <acorallo@gnu.org> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
>>> From: Christos Vagias <chris.actondev@gmail.com>
>>> Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 22:41:32 +0200
>>>
>>> I'm experiencing issues in emacs 29 built from source (commit
>>> 08fbc133756) when using paredit.
>>> When native-compilation hasn't yet created the .eln file it's working
>>> fine. When it's natively compiled though I'm having issues such that
>>> (example is when M-x paredit-mode)
>>>
>>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function toggle)
>>>   toggle(toggle #^[nil nil keymap ....
>>>   paredit-mode(toggle)
>>>   funcall-interactively(paredit-mode toggle)
>>>   command-execute(paredit-mode record)
>>
>> Could be bug#61917 again.
>
> Yep probably.  Latest paredit is native compiling fine for me ATM.
>
> Christos could you report if you still see the issue or it's fixed for
> you as well?

No feedback was given so I assume the issue is solved.  Happy to reopen
if is not the case.

Best Regards

  Andrea