all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs for MSYS2
@ 2014-11-09 15:03 Alexander Shukaev
From: Alexander Shukaev @ 2014-11-09 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs, help-emacs-windows

Hello, everyone!

This is to announce that I have finally finished adding Emacs as a package
to MSYS2. Packages corresponding to the stable `emacs-24' branch are called
`mingw-w64-i686-emacs' and `mingw-w64-x86_64-emacs' for x86 and x64
architectures respectively:

$ pacman -Ss emacs
> mingw32/mingw-w64-i686-emacs 24.4-1 [installed]
>     The extensible, customizable, self-documenting, real-time display
> editor.
> mingw64/mingw-w64-x86_64-emacs 24.4-1 [installed]
>     The extensible, customizable, self-documenting, real-time display
> editor.

The set of features is at its current possible maximum:

Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?    yes
> Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?  yes
> Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?  no
> What window system should Emacs use?      w32
> What toolkit should Emacs use?        none
> Where do we find X Windows header files?    NONE
> Where do we find X Windows libraries?    NONE
> Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?          no
> Does Emacs use -lXpm?            yes
> Does Emacs use -ljpeg?            yes
> Does Emacs use -ltiff?            yes
> Does Emacs use a gif library?          yes
> Does Emacs use a png library?          yes
> Does Emacs use -lrsvg-2?          yes
> Does Emacs use imagemagick?         yes
> Does Emacs support sound?          yes
> Does Emacs use -lgpm?            no
> Does Emacs use -ldbus?            yes
> Does Emacs use -lgconf?            no
> Does Emacs use GSettings?          no
> Does Emacs use a file notification library?      yes (w32)
> Does Emacs use access control lists?      yes
> Does Emacs use -lselinux?          no
> Does Emacs use -lgnutls?          yes
> Does Emacs use -lxml2?             yes
> Does Emacs use -lfreetype?          no
> Does Emacs use -lm17n-flt?          no
> Does Emacs use -lotf?            no
> Does Emacs use -lxft?            no
> Does Emacs directly use zlib?          yes
> Does Emacs use toolkit scroll bars?        yes

Packages corresponding to the bleeding-edge `trunk'/`master' branch are
called `mingw-w64-i686-emacs-git' and `mingw-w64-x86_64-emacs-git' for x86
and x64 architectures respectively. They might be not present in the
database yet due to the issues with building them (as `trunk'/`master' were
broken yesterday). So when those recent issues are fixed, they will appear
in the database too.

Enjoy,
Alexander

* Re: Emacs for MSYS2
@ 2014-11-09 16:27 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2014-11-09 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs, help-emacs-windows

> Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 16:03:37 +0100
> From: Alexander Shukaev <haroogan@gmail.com>
>
> This is to announce that I have finally finished adding Emacs as a package to
> MSYS2. Packages corresponding to the stable `emacs-24' branch are called
> `mingw-w64-i686-emacs' and `mingw-w64-x86_64-emacs' for x86 and x64
> architectures respectively:

Thanks!

* Emacs-Eclim question
@ 2014-11-09 20:33   ` saint
       [not found]     ` <mailman.13333.1415565650.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: saint @ 2014-11-09 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Good morning everybody!

Where can I find a recipe to activate a working method completion with
Java?

I noticed that the code I got from MELPA lacks some symbol
(i.e. eclim/java-complete).

Should I get the code from the GIT repository?

My apologies if the fact that for asking here help for a package that
does not belong to the standar distribution.

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO

* Re: Emacs-Eclim question
@ 2014-11-09 20:40     ` Gian Uberto Lauri
       [not found]     ` <mailman.13333.1415565650.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Gian Uberto Lauri @ 2014-11-09 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Gian Uberto Lauri; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

saint@eng.it writes:
 > Good morning everybody!
 >
 > Where can I find a recipe to activate a working method completion with
 > Java?

This page

http://www.skybert.net/emacs/java/

has a link to a setup

https://github.com/skybert/my-little-friends/blob/master/emacs/.emacs.d/tkj-java.el

that is currently unreachable because I can't reach github.

--
                                                Gian
                                       Friends will be friends

* Re: Emacs-Eclim question
       [not found]     ` <mailman.13333.1415565650.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-11-09 23:13       ` 3246251196ryan
From: 3246251196ryan @ 2014-11-09 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Can someone give me some brief points as to why to use the msys version rather than the more official windows version?