all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* R2L languages and hard lines
@ 2018-07-14 11:18 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2018-07-14 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi

When I write Hebrew in an email in the standard setting,
everything is
displayed fine, like this

שלום

The word shalom is displayed and the right margin, as it should
be.
However when I turn hardlines on (for example using message
flowing),
than this is not longer the case but shalom is displayed at the
left
margin.

שלום

Can this behaviour be somehow changed. (It is not very annoying
since I just can turn off hardlines, but I am curious).

Uwe Brauer

* Re: R2L languages and hard lines
@ 2018-07-14 11:39 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2018-07-14 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>
> Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 14:18:00 +0300
>
> When I write Hebrew in an email in the standard setting,
> everything is
> displayed fine, like this
>
> שלום
>
> The word shalom is displayed and the right margin, as it should
> be.
> However when I turn hardlines on (for example using message
> flowing),
> than this is not longer the case but shalom is displayed at the
> left
> margin.
>
> שלום

(This was displayed here correctly, FWIW.)

> Can this behaviour be somehow changed. (It is not very annoying
> since I just can turn off hardlines, but I am curious).

I don't think I understand the situation.  Could you please submit a
full bug report, using "M-x report-emacs-bug RET", and include in
there a recipe starting from "emacs -Q" that demonstrates the problem?

Thanks.

* Re: R2L languages and hard lines
@ 2018-07-14 12:22   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2018-07-14 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

   > (This was displayed here correctly, FWIW.)

Right I can see it. The point is it is not displayed correctly when I
write that email. But it when it arrives it looks ok.

   > I don't think I understand the situation.  Could you please submit a
   > full bug report, using "M-x report-emacs-bug RET", and include in
   > there a recipe starting from "emacs -Q" that demonstrates the problem?

That will take me some time. Now I realise that the problem might also
be caused by some package I use, so I have to check this. BTW is sending
a screenshot ok in a bug report?

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: R2L languages and hard lines
@ 2018-07-14 12:33     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2018-07-14 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>
> Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 15:22:10 +0300
>
>    > I don't think I understand the situation.  Could you please submit a
>    > full bug report, using "M-x report-emacs-bug RET", and include in
>    > there a recipe starting from "emacs -Q" that demonstrates the problem?
>
> That will take me some time. Now I realise that the problem might also
> be caused by some package I use, so I have to check this.

Take your time, the details are very important for a prompt resolution
of the issue.

> BTW is sending a screenshot ok in a bug report?

Yes.

Thanks.

* Re: R2L languages and hard lines
@ 2018-07-14 13:00       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2018-07-14 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: oub; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 15:33:45 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > That will take me some time. Now I realise that the problem might also
> > be caused by some package I use, so I have to check this.

Btw, it's okay to have the recipe load additional packages if they are
necessary for reproducing the issue.  Just make sure they are loaded
explicitly as part of the recipe.