all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Bidi (R2L) in Gnus summary buffer (was: summary shows R2L)
       [not found] <b4m62fzp8yv.fsf@jpl.org>
@ 2012-01-26  7:27 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2012-01-26  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: ding, emacs-devel

[ Full quote below for emacs-devel ]

On Thu, Jan 26 2012, السّلام عليكم wrote:
[ Suggestions for Bidi (R2L) in Gnus summary buffer ]
> I think it worth making Gnus do it by default.  WDYT?

Please disuss this on emacs-devel. See also the long thread around
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/142460/focus=143398>.

Bye, Reiner.

--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Bidi (R2L) in Gnus summary buffer (was: summary shows R2L)
@ 2012-01-26  8:41   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-01-26  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Reiner Steib; +Cc: ding, emacs-devel

> From: Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>
> Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:27:29 +0100
>
> On Thu, Jan 26 2012, السّلام عليكم wrote:
> [ Suggestions for Bidi (R2L) in Gnus summary buffer ]
> > I think it worth making Gnus do it by default.  WDYT?

Summary buffers should definitely have left-to-right paragraph
direction by default.  I said it long ago, several times AFAIR.  It
should definitely be done before 24.1 is released.  Now is a good
time, IMO.

> Please disuss this on emacs-devel. See also the long thread around
> <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/142460/focus=143398>.

That thread is about something different: it's about how to avoid a
jumble caused by reordering of the _fields_ in the summary lines.

* Re: Bidi (R2L) in Gnus summary buffer
@ 2012-01-26 10:39     ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2012-01-26 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: ding, Reiner.Steib, emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>
>> Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:27:29 +0100
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 26 2012, السّلام عليكم wrote:
>> [ Suggestions for Bidi (R2L) in Gnus summary buffer ]
>>> I think it worth making Gnus do it by default.  WDYT?

> Summary buffers should definitely have left-to-right paragraph
> direction by default.  I said it long ago, several times AFAIR.  It
> should definitely be done before 24.1 is released.  Now is a good
> time, IMO.

Done in Emacs trunk and Gnus trunk.  Thanks.

* Re: Bidi (R2L) in Gnus summary buffer
@ 2012-01-26 16:42       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-01-26 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Katsumi Yamaoka; +Cc: ding, Reiner.Steib, emacs-devel

> Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 19:39:24 +0900
> From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>
> Cc: Reiner.Steib@gmx.de, ding@gnus.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >> From: Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>
> >> Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:27:29 +0100
> >>
> >> On Thu, Jan 26 2012, السّلام عليكم wrote:
> >> [ Suggestions for Bidi (R2L) in Gnus summary buffer ]
>
> > Summary buffers should definitely have left-to-right paragraph
> > direction by default.  I said it long ago, several times AFAIR.  It
> > should definitely be done before 24.1 is released.  Now is a good
> > time, IMO.
>
> Done in Emacs trunk and Gnus trunk.  Thanks.

Thank you.