tags 33498 fixed close 33498 27.1 quit >> By using a '(minibuffer . child-frame) frame parameter, creating the >> minibuffer child frame should proceed without glitches now. > > Yes, that seems to work now. OK. Trying to close this bug now. >> I intend to soon add code for fitting minibuffer child frames to the >> contents of their buffers. > > And I am looking forward to it. Customizing 'resize-mini-frames' allows to do that now. I attach a minor mode which I'm using for some while now that allows to put a minibuffer child frame on the top or bottom of the currently selected window and hide it whenever it's not used. If you are on Emacs 27 try it. martin