all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* gitlog-to-changelog and "Backport"
@ 2015-11-14  9:20 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2015-11-14  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: emacs-devel

I think we need some changes in gitlog-to-changelog to attempt
removing the "Backported" marks from the generated ChangeLog.  These
would be inappropriate in the ChangeLog, I think.  The problem is that
these are written by humans using rather lax rules, so I'm not sure
how best to handle the issue.  We could, of course, leave them alone,
but I wonder if some better solution would be possible.

Thanks.

* Re: gitlog-to-changelog and "Backport"
@ 2015-11-14 11:59 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2015-11-14 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eggert; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 11:20:51 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> I think we need some changes in gitlog-to-changelog to attempt
> removing the "Backported" marks from the generated ChangeLog.  These
> would be inappropriate in the ChangeLog, I think.  The problem is that
> these are written by humans using rather lax rules, so I'm not sure
> how best to handle the issue.  We could, of course, leave them alone,
> but I wonder if some better solution would be possible.

I guess the --strip-cherry-pick switch should ideally handle this
issue.  We may need to come up with some more strict format for the
"backport" marker.