all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Where is the finder-known-keywords list?
@ 2020-10-18 18:42 Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-10-18 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

In the manual there is mention of the list: finder-known-keywords

> File: elisp.info,  Node: Simple Packages,  Next: Multi-file Packages,  Prev: Packaging Basics,  Up: Packaging

> 41.2 Simple Packages
> ====================

>    The ‘Keywords’ and ‘URL’ headers are optional, but recommended.  The
> command ‘describe-package’ uses these to add links to its output.  The
> ‘Keywords’ header should contain at least one standard keyword from the
> ‘finder-known-keywords’ list.

But I cannot find the list finder-known-keywords in Emacs

Where and how do I access that list?

Jean

* Re: Where is the finder-known-keywords list?
@ 2020-10-18 18:45 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2020-10-18 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis; +Cc: emacs-devel

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> But I cannot find the list finder-known-keywords in Emacs
>
> Where and how do I access that list?

Say M-x load-library RET finder RET.

* Re: Where is the finder-known-keywords list?
@ 2020-10-18 18:46 ` Alfred M. Szmidt
From: Alfred M. Szmidt @ 2020-10-18 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis; +Cc: emacs-devel

   In the manual there is mention of the list: finder-known-keywords

   > File: elisp.info,  Node: Simple Packages,  Next: Multi-file Packages,  Prev: Packaging Basics,  Up: Packaging

   > 41.2 Simple Packages
   > ====================

   >    The ‘Keywords’ and ‘URL’ headers are optional, but recommended.  The
   > command ‘describe-package’ uses these to add links to its output.  The
   > ‘Keywords’ header should contain at least one standard keyword from the
   > ‘finder-known-keywords’ list.

   But I cannot find the list finder-known-keywords in Emacs

it is part of finder.el.

* Re: Where is the finder-known-keywords list?
@ 2020-10-18 18:47 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2020-10-18 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 21:42:00 +0300
> From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
>
> In the manual there is mention of the list: finder-known-keywords
>
> > File: elisp.info,  Node: Simple Packages,  Next: Multi-file Packages,  Prev: Packaging Basics,  Up: Packaging
>
> > 41.2 Simple Packages
> > ====================
>
> >    The ‘Keywords’ and ‘URL’ headers are optional, but recommended.  The
> > command ‘describe-package’ uses these to add links to its output.  The
> > ‘Keywords’ header should contain at least one standard keyword from the
> > ‘finder-known-keywords’ list.
>
> But I cannot find the list finder-known-keywords in Emacs
>
> Where and how do I access that list?

It's in finder.el.

* Re: Where is the finder-known-keywords list?
@ 2020-10-18 19:20   ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-10-18 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alfred M. Szmidt; +Cc: emacs-devel

* Alfred M. Szmidt <ams@gnu.org> [2020-10-18 21:47]:
>    But I cannot find the list finder-known-keywords in Emacs
>
> it is part of finder.el.

Thank you.

Where would a password manager fit into? It handles passwords and
saves such into file, and finds passwords.

It would be good to have a keyword `apps' or some general category.

@ 2020-10-18 19:23   ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-10-18 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alfred M. Szmidt; +Cc: emacs-devel

If package file depends on `subr-x', is that required to be in the
line below?

;; Package-Requires: (subr-x)

Other question is why subr-x does not have its version? As then
package-install-file complains that there is no version 0 for the
package required.

* RE: Where is the finder-known-keywords list?
@ 2020-10-18 21:20     ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2020-10-18 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis, Alfred M. Szmidt; +Cc: emacs-devel

Please consider changing the mail Subject line when
you change the subject.

You've moved from (1) where a finder var is defined,
to (2) which keywords to use for a password manager,
to (3) whether you need to specify subr-x in
Package-Requires, to (4) why subr-x.el has no version,
all in the space of 3 messages.

Yeah, I know, we all forget to change the Subject line
when the subject changes.  Just intended as a friendly
reminder.

* Re: Where is the finder-known-keywords list?
@ 2020-10-18 21:22       ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-10-18 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: emacs-devel

* Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> [2020-10-19 00:21]:
> Please consider changing the mail Subject line when
> you change the subject.
>
> You've moved from (1) where a finder var is defined,
> to (2) which keywords to use for a password manager,
> to (3) whether you need to specify subr-x in
> Package-Requires, to (4) why subr-x.el has no version,
> all in the space of 3 messages.
>
> Yeah, I know, we all forget to change the Subject line
> when the subject changes.  Just intended as a friendly
> reminder.

Thanks, I will put attention.