all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Why this macro error: "After 0 kbd macro iterations: Keyboard macro terminated by a command ringing the bell"
       [not found] <20011013142446.A6903@spawar.navy.mil>
@ 2018-06-20 20:52 ` joshebosh
From: joshebosh @ 2018-06-20 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

for what it's worth for other stumbling upon this

"After 0 kbd macro iterations: Keyboard macro terminated by a command ringing the bell"

I had the same file opened in background in another gnu screen window.
Simply closed the one that gave the error, located the gnu screen window where is was opened (using "jobs" and "fg" on bash), and it works fine.

So a duplicate unsaved copy of file running in background in emacs can cause this error to appear.

Cheers

* Re: Why this macro error: "After 0 kbd macro iterations: Keyboard macro terminated by a command ringing the bell"
@ 2018-06-21  2:38   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2018-06-21  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 13:52:52 -0700 (PDT)
> From: joshebosh@gmail.com
>
> "After 0 kbd macro iterations: Keyboard macro terminated by a command ringing the bell"

This means one of the commands run by the macro signaled an error
(which terminates the macro).