all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#40594: A mistake in Emacs manuals
@ 2020-04-13  7:46 ringawho
From: ringawho @ 2020-04-13  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 40594

When I read the An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp, I found a mistake in let Prevents Confusion, which is node in section 6 of Chapter 3.
At the end of the third paragraph, it said, "in Emacs Lisp, scoping is dynamic, not lexical"
But in version 24.1, Lexical binding was introduced to Emacs.
I think that needs to be made clear.

* bug#40594: A mistake in Emacs manuals
@ 2020-04-13  8:55 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2020-04-13  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ringawho; +Cc: 40594-done

> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 15:46:30 +0800
> From: <ringawho@sina.com>
>
> When I read the An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp, I found a mistake in let Prevents
> Confusion, which is node in section 6 of Chapter 3.
>
> At the end of the third paragraph, it said, "in Emacs Lisp, scoping is dynamic, not lexical"
>
> But in version 24.1, Lexical binding was introduced to Emacs.

Thanks, I fixed this.