all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* In the package list, filter by "marked" status
       [not found] <834643970.3089221.1529390690667.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2018-06-19  6:44 ` R. Diez
From: R. Diez @ 2018-06-19  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Hi all:

If regularly upgrade my packages like this:

list-packages
package-menu-refresh
package-menu-mark-upgrades
package-menu-execute

Before I execute, is there a way to filter the list so that is shows just the marked packages? I may want to skip some upgrade, or check out the details.

package-menu-execute does say what it is going to upgrade, but it displays the package names in a single text line, and that is not convenient at all.

If such a feature is missing, where is the best place to request it? I am no Lisp guru. O8-)

Thanks in advance,
  rdiez

* Re: In the package list, filter by "marked" status
@ 2018-06-19 10:44   ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2018-06-19 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: R. Diez; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018, 2:46 AM R. Diez <rdiezmail-emacs@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> If regularly upgrade my packages like this:
>
> list-packages
> package-menu-refresh
> package-menu-mark-upgrades
> package-menu-execute
>
> Before I execute, is there a way to filter the list so that is shows just
> the marked packages?

The paradox package available on Melpa provides this feature. This package
implements many quality-of-life features on top of the inbuilt package.el.
M-x paradox-list-packages launches a buffer similar to M-x
package-list-packages, and all the package.el commands work there too.

See the `f' binding for "filtering" once you install paradox.

Kaushal

> --

Kaushal Modi