all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Getting ready to release 25.2
@ 2016-11-05 18:25 John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2016-11-05 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Emacs developers

Hello Emacs developers,

The time is ready to begin preparation of a 25.2 release, starting with the
first pretest in a couple of weeks.

I'd like to ask everyone to identify bugs that should pertain to this release
-- especially any that should block the release -- so we know more clearly
what we intend to achieve with 25.2.

Thank you,

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Getting ready to release 25.2
@ 2016-11-05 19:17 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-11-05 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: John Wiegley; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: John Wiegley <jwiegley@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2016 11:25:15 -0700
>
> I'd like to ask everyone to identify bugs that should pertain to this release
> -- especially any that should block the release -- so we know more clearly
> what we intend to achieve with 25.2.

In general, since 25.2 is a bug-fix only release, the bugs that should
block it are either regressions since 24.5 or bugs in features
introduced by 25.1.  Anything else that you want to be fixed in 25.2,
please raise the issue either here or (if there's already a bug report
for that) mail to the bug address.

TIA