all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs-26 updates
@ 2019-03-21 23:41 Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2019-03-21 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

Am I free to update the emacs-26/nt/README.W32 file? Someone's just
pointed out to me that the README on the FTP server (which comes from
here) is wrong.

I want to change all the references to the zips, because I have
simplified the names, as well as describing what the "-no-deps" files
are. At the moment, the README describes this backwards.

Should have done this before, but missed it. It probably wouldn't need
another pre-test as there is no real reason why the README on the
download site needs to be totally synced with the website.

Phil

* Re: Emacs-26 updates
@ 2019-03-22  7:31 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-03-22  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phillip Lord; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: phillip.lord@russet.org.uk (Phillip Lord)
> Cc: Emacs-Devel devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 23:41:55 +0000
>
> Am I free to update the emacs-26/nt/README.W32 file? Someone's just
> pointed out to me that the README on the FTP server (which comes from
> here) is wrong.
>
> I want to change all the references to the zips, because I have
> simplified the names, as well as describing what the "-no-deps" files
> are. At the moment, the README describes this backwards.
>
> Should have done this before, but missed it. It probably wouldn't need
> another pre-test as there is no real reason why the README on the
> download site needs to be totally synced with the website.

Please update the README on the FTP site ASAP.

As for the repository, let's wait to see if some other change requires
another RC, and if so, commit the change to the emacs-26 branch.  If
the current RC becomes Emacs 26.2, I'd like to avoid messing up the
release due to this issue.

Thanks.