all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#67589: Bug with rmail (Emacs 29.1) and movemail 3.16 when password starts with dash symbol
@ 2023-12-02 18:50 rameiko87
From: rameiko87 @ 2023-12-02 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 67589

My remote mailbox password starts with a dash. I cannot use rmail
regardless to whether I store the password in my imaps:// URL or I
insert the password when prompted, and escaping the dash does not help
in either case.

As for movemail, when I'm prompted to insert the password I don't
remember in which cases I was successful (but I'm confident to say that
the command failed either when the dash was escaped or when it was not).
I can also report that when the password is included in the URL which I
pass to movemail, then everything works as expected both when the dash
is not escaped and when it is.