all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Getting started with ede
@ 2009-11-05 12:09 Neal Becker
From: Neal Becker @ 2009-11-05 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm writing mainly python code.  I'd like to try out some of the new
features (like completion), so I have installed cedet.

Browsing through some of the info, I learned the easy way to get completion
of references between files to work was to use ede to start a project.  I
don't seem to get far with this.

M-x ede-new.  (Project-type?).  Only completion of project-type is Simple.
Why?

Anyway, choose Simple.
(Name?) test1
(Project created and saved)

OK.
M-x ede-add-file
(Target:)

Oh, I can't add the file, there are no targets.  OK
M-x ede-new-target
new-target not supported by #<ede-simple-project test> [2 times]

OK, I'm stuck.

* Re: Getting started with ede
@ 2009-11-05 15:44 ` Andreas Politz
From: Andreas Politz @ 2009-11-05 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm writing mainly python code.  I'd like to try out some of the new
> features (like completion), so I have installed cedet.
>
> Browsing through some of the info, I learned the easy way to get completion
> of references between files to work was to use ede to start a project.  I
> don't seem to get far with this.
>
> M-x ede-new.  (Project-type?).  Only completion of project-type is Simple.
> Why?
>
> Anyway, choose Simple.
> (Name?) test1
> (Project created and saved)
>
> OK.
> M-x ede-add-file
> (Target:)
>
> Oh, I can't add the file, there are no targets.  OK
> M-x ede-new-target
> new-target not supported by #<ede-simple-project test> [2 times]
>
> OK, I'm stuck.

That's the problem with cedet, nobody knows how to use it.

-ap