On 2016-08-30 12:11, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Clément Pit--Claudel >> Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 11:23:31 -0400 >> >> I didn't realize that these functions needed widening. Its documentation doesn't seem to mention it, nor its docstring. What about the attached patch? > > This is not specific to these functions, this is a universal rule in > Emacs: if you want to access a buffer position, you need to make sure > it's in the accessible region. Ok; I wasn't aware of this rule. The documentation of buffer-substring mentions the error, so I though the patch would be useful. Clément.