all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>
To: Tom <adatgyujto@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: WikEmacs as Emacs as Crowdfund database
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 03:55:32 +0530	[thread overview]

Assuming that the new crowdfund addons get distributed via GNU ELPA, I
earlier proposed use of debbugs.

Instead of using Emacswiki, I suggest that you can consider WikEmacs -
http://wikemacs.org/wiki/Main_Page.

I suggest:

1. A project page for each of the crowdfunded project.
2. A set of users who categorize themselves as a proposer,
   sponsor of a project.
3. We need a set of users who declare themselves as crowdfund
   workhorses or ELisp freelancers.

A sponsor will pledge his few $s to a table in page (1) which a (3) can
use to assess the viability.

All parties can communicate with each other and all the conversation can
be available for public.  The first success story can trigger other
success stories.

This thread has generated so much excitement.  I am yet to see a
concrete proposal for a crowdfunded project.  A proposal is more than
saying "This sucks. It shouldn't".

I still would like to see a writeup on your original proposal
irrespective of whether someone would run with it.  Remember a
crowdfund-workhorse may not know Java or python, so you need to add few
words that give the freelancer some starting point.

I suggest that you throw your pollens without even caring for whether
there would be wind or there will be fertile receptors for it.

Remember nothing succeeds like success.