all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: dispatched randomly
       [not found] <8755.1153445272@kiferserv.kiferhome.com>
@ 2006-07-21 15:53 ` Ilya N. Golubev
From: Ilya N. Golubev @ 2006-07-21 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs, rms

Run `emacs -q'.

(setq viper-mode t)
(require 'viper)

Run `describe-bindings'.

Switch to `*Help*' buffer it creates.  To preserve its contents after
further help commands, rename it.  The buffer is in vi movement mode.

Run `describe-bindings', `describe-key' in said buffer - to show that
`view-mode' bindings go first.

Run `describe-variable minor-mode-map-alist' in said buffer.  It shows
value with `viper-vi-basic-minor-mode' before `view-mode'.

So value returned by

(save-excursion
  (set-buffer BUFFER-WITH-WEIRD-BINDINGS)
  minor-mode-map-alist)

* Re: dispatched randomly
       [not found] <20809.1153780436@kiferserv.kiferhome.com>
@ 2006-07-25 16:24 ` Ilya N. Golubev
From: Ilya N. Golubev @ 2006-07-25 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

> Then try the latest CVS version.

Don't dictate.

Besides, it should be impossible for million other reasons.  It should
be full of other bugs.  This is why it is still in CVS only.  Being
bug free is exactly what stable release branches are for.  So
considering the task open for 21.* branch.

* Re: dispatched randomly
@ 2006-07-25 16:35   ` Michael Kifer
From: Michael Kifer @ 2006-07-25 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

> > Then try the latest CVS version.
>
> Don't dictate.
>
> Besides, it should be impossible for million other reasons.  It should
> be full of other bugs.  This is why it is still in CVS only.  Being
> bug free is exactly what stable release branches are for.  So
> considering the task open for 21.* branch.

Sorry, as much as I would like to, I don't have the time to maintain
multiple branches, especially when we are talking about obscure bugs.

I would welcome any help here, but I myself can handle only the main CVS
branch.