all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Is there a way to get a 'hexl-insert-hex-string
@ 2002-10-30  8:45 Mac
From: Mac @ 2002-10-30  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've just started to use hexl-mode to edit binary files and two
things makes my colleagues say emacs can't do everything (I wonder who
gave them that impression in the first place;-).

1) When starting hexl-mode, I can enter characters directly, which
   works great. But, when entering hex, I need to run
   'hexl-insert-hex-char' or 'hexl-insert-hex-string'.

   Is there a way to get hex nibbles inserted automatically? Sort of a
   'hexl-insert-hex-nibble-mode'? So when I type [0-f] that nibble is
   inserted directly, just like the character is when I start
   hexl-mode.

2) Is there a way to increase a files size with x number of
   bytes/chars/whatever?

/mac

--
.signature: No such file or directory

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-30  8:45 UTC | newest]