all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* error? "Package lucid is obsolete!"
@ 2011-10-08  6:56 ishi soichi
From: ishi soichi @ 2011-10-08  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Recently my emacs produces an error (?) "Package lucid is obsolete!" when
launched.
I have no idea what it means...

my environment:
MacOSX SnowLeopard
CocoaEmacs 23.2

If any other information is necessary, please let me know.

soichi

* Re: error? "Package lucid is obsolete!"
@ 2011-10-08  7:19 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-10-08  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 15:56:31 +0900
> From: ishi soichi <soichi777@gmail.com>
>
> Recently my emacs produces an error (?) "Package lucid is obsolete!" when
> launched.
> I have no idea what it means...

Just what it says: the lucid.el package is obsolete.

Do you have some customizations on your .emacs file that load lucid?
If so, remove the command that loads lucid (something like '(load "lucid")'
or '(require 'lucid)'), and see if something stops working; it shouldn't.

* Re: error? "Package lucid is obsolete!"
@ 2011-10-08  7:23   ` ishi soichi
From: ishi soichi @ 2011-10-08  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Thanks for the reply.

But I don't have customizations that require "lucid.el" in .emacs file.
Perhaps, some other elisp codes require this particular portion...
My emacs loads "lucid.el" indirectly, I guess.

soichi

@ 2011-10-08  8:40     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-10-08  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 16:23:43 +0900
> From: ishi soichi <soichi777@gmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> My emacs loads "lucid.el" indirectly, I guess.

Probably.

So I suggest to bisect your .emacs until you find the line(s) whose
presence triggers the warning.  The, if you cannot figure out whether
you need it or not or how to change it not to load lucid.el, post that
fragment here, and someone will help you understand what to do.

* Re: error? "Package lucid is obsolete!"
@ 2011-10-08  8:42       ` ishi soichi
From: ishi soichi @ 2011-10-08  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Thanks a lot.
I will try.

@ 2011-10-08  8:51     ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-10-08  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: ishi soichi; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

ishi soichi <soichi777@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> But I don't have customizations that require "lucid.el" in .emacs
> file.
> Perhaps, some other elisp codes require this particular portion...
> My emacs loads "lucid.el" indirectly, I guess.

1. M-x locate-library RET lucid RET
2. Temporarily move lucid.el and lucid.elc to some other dir
3. emacs -Q
4. M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET
5. load your init file

Check the backtrace for what is causing the problem.

* Re: error? "Package lucid is obsolete!"
@ 2011-10-08 16:02       ` Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2011-10-08 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>wrote:

> ishi soichi <soichi777@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Thanks for the reply.
> >
> > But I don't have customizations that require "lucid.el" in .emacs
> > file.
> > Perhaps, some other elisp codes require this particular portion...
> > My emacs loads "lucid.el" indirectly, I guess.
>

> 1. M-x locate-library RET lucid RET
> 2. Temporarily move lucid.el and lucid.elc to some other dir
> 3. emacs -Q
> 4. M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET
> 5. load your init file
>
> Check the backtrace for what is causing the problem.

Neat!
You should put up these config debuggings into a emacswiki page

* Re: error? "Package lucid is obsolete!"
@ 2011-10-08 17:29       ` Le Wang
From: Le Wang @ 2011-10-08 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs