all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* C-x b w/Multiple Windows and Frames
@ 2006-11-15 21:08 Alan Lue
From: Alan Lue @ 2006-11-15 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using `C-x b' without an argument displays the most
recent buffer among those not currently displayed.  I
find this behavior annoying when I intend to keep the
same buffer displayed in multiple windows and frames;
oftentimes I need to briefly visit another file, and
when I return to a buffer that is already displayed in
another frames, I need to specify its name explicity.

Is there some way I could modify the behavior of
`switch-to-buffer' so that invoking `C-x b' without an
argument will bring me back to the most recent buffer,
whether or not it is currently displayed in another
window/frame?

Alan

Sponsored Link

$420k for $1,399/mo.