all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* RE: hippie-expand/dabbrev-expand: how to select a previous expansion?
@ 2012-07-19 18:05 ` Drew Adams
       [not found] ` <mailman.5182.1342721252.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Drew Adams @ 2012-07-19 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Raffaele Ricciardi', help-gnu-emacs

> when running dabbrev-expand or hippie-expand, sometimes I
> accidentally skip the desired completion. Is there a way to
> looking at the Emacs Manual and at the source code of
> hippie-exp.el, and dabbrev.el, I would say there isn't.

AFAIK, there is not.  Cycling by repeating `M-/' is pretty primitive, and yes,
AFAIK it only goes forward.

You might try `dabbrev-completion' (`C-M-/') instead of `dabbrev-expand'
(`M-/').

Or if you use Icicles, then in Icicle mode `C-M-/' gives you both completion and
cycling.  You can cyle in either order, and you can re-sort or filter the
candidates in various ways.  (And you can of course pick any completion
candidate directly, without cycling.)

* Re: hippie-expand/dabbrev-expand: how to select a previous expansion?
@ 2012-07-19 18:07 ` Jambunathan K
       [not found] ` <mailman.5182.1342721252.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-07-19 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raffaele Ricciardi; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Raffaele Ricciardi <rfflrccrd@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> when running dabbrev-expand or hippie-expand, sometimes I accidentally
> skip the desired completion. Is there a way to go back to a previous
> completion in either command? After looking at the Emacs Manual and at
> the source code of hippie-exp.el, and dabbrev.el, I would say there
> isn't.

Simple undo seems to work - C-x u

@ 2012-07-19 18:31 Raffaele Ricciardi
From: Raffaele Ricciardi @ 2012-07-19 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

@ 2012-07-19 19:34   ` Raffaele Ricciardi
From: Raffaele Ricciardi @ 2012-07-19 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 07/19/2012 07:07 PM, Jambunathan K wrote:
> Simple undo seems to work - C-x u

It does. Solved. Thank you.

* Re: hippie-expand/dabbrev-expand: how to select a previous expansion?
@ 2012-07-20  5:22     ` C K Kashyap
From: C K Kashyap @ 2012-07-20  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raffaele Ricciardi; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs