all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* browse-url loses fragment identifier
@ 2012-10-29 17:58 Tom
From: Tom @ 2012-10-29 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

It seems like a bug, so I repost it here, so that someone
gives a try reproducing it. On help no one found it interesting
enough to give it a try, though it's really simple.

I guess the problem is the # character handled specially
when the default browser is invoked via the shell on Windows.

Here's the problem reposted:

Subject: browse-url drops fragment identifier from file urls on Windows?

Do you also see this?

Try this call with a local html file with a fragment appended
to the url (e.g. #top):

(browse-url "file://localhost/stuff/a.html#top")

For me the #top part is not there when the URL is opened in
the browser.

Does it happen only on Windows? Is there a workaround for this?

* Re: browse-url loses fragment identifier
@ 2012-10-29 22:25 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2012-10-29 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Tom; +Cc: emacs-devel

Tom wrote:

> It seems like a bug, so I repost it here, so that someone
> gives a try reproducing it.

If you think something is a bug, make a bug report rather than posting
here. (This isn't; http://debbugs.gnu.org/2543 .)

>  On help no one found it interesting enough to give it a try, though
> it's really simple.

I just now posted comments there.