Stefan Monnier wrote on 23 Nov 2013: >> You can (add-to-list 'desktop-locals-to-save 'mark-ring) and it works, so >> long as you have the fix for bug 13951 applied. But it's very verbose; for >> each element of mark-ring for each buffer, it writes an entry like >> (let ((mk (make-marker))) (add-hook 'desktop-delay-hook (list 'lambda '() >> (list 'set-marker mk 123 '(get-buffer "init.el")))) mk) [snip] > Having special-case code to print&read some variables is not in itself > a bad idea, but I think we should do it via a table mapping variables to > ad-hoc massaging functions. Ok. Updated patch attached below. This is more complex than my original patch, but it does what you want (IIUC what you want).