all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* # in carbon emacs on OSX?
@ 2011-02-01  2:24 Matthew Vernon
From: Matthew Vernon @ 2011-02-01  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I've installed the latest emacs release (23.2.1) on OSX. It generally
works a treat, but there's a problem with #s. In every other OSX app,
I can get # by hitting alt-3. But emacs is mapping that as M-3
instead. Similarly, cmd-3 comes through as S-3 (super-3). Is there a
standard work-around for this? Failing that, can I trivially re-map
M-3 to (insert-char ?# 1) or somesuch?

Thanks,

Matthew

--
Rapun.sel - outermost outpost of the Pick Empire
http://www.pick.ucam.org