all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to set environment for the compile command in Win32?
@ 2004-04-22 18:47 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2004-04-22 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

System: Intel Pentium M, Windows XP Professional,
	GNU Emacs 21.3 (binary as distributed by FSF)

I'm trying to set enviroment variables (PATH, INCLUDE, LIB, etc.) for
the
	M-x compile RET
command.

Is there a way to do this from inside emacs?

I've set the enviroment for the
	M-x shell RET
command, by putting "set" commands into the
	%HOME%\.emacs_cmdproxy.exe
file.  And that works.  But this file isn't run before the compile
command is run.

Thanx!

- Steinar

* Re: How to set environment for the compile command in Win32?
@ 2004-04-22 19:08 ` Kin Cho
From: Kin Cho @ 2004-04-22 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Put something like this into your .emacs:

(setenv "PATH" (concat (getenv "PATH") ";" "c:/my-path"))
(setenv "INCLUDE" "c:/my-include")

Now your M-x shell or compile will inherit these settings.

-kin