all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ange-ftp: coping with broken ls -lt
@ 2003-09-27  5:07 Kin Cho
From: Kin Cho @ 2003-09-27  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

An ftp server that I access using ange-ftp was upgraded and now
it won't support sort by date with "ls -lt" anymore (it always
sort the listing by name).

Sorting by date in ange-ftp dired is such an important feature to
me that I'm considering sorting the ls output in elisp (in my
dired-after-readin-hook function).

I have two questions:

1) have anyone done this?  2) if not, what functions would you
recommend for decoding the dates in the ls listing?  I've
included a sample below for reference:

  -rw-r--r--   1 kin      kin         28705 Jul  7 00:56 foo
  -rw-r--r--   1 kin      kin          9644 Sep  6 05:20 bar

Thanks!

-kin

* Re: ange-ftp: coping with broken ls -lt
@ 2003-09-28  5:24 ` Kin Cho
From: Kin Cho @ 2003-09-28  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I needed this badly so I coded it up myself.  Email me if you
want me to post it.

-kin