all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Lost "Raised" Buttons Graphics After Restart
@ 2004-02-20 19:13 Tennis Smith
       [not found] ` <mailman.230.1077355917.340.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Tennis Smith @ 2004-02-20 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I restarted my emacs 21 session, and for some reason, the "raised"
button graphics in things like "customize-groups" disappear.  Its all
just plain text now. Before they were "raised button" graphics.

How is that functionality turned on/off?

TIA,
-Tennis

* Re: Lost "Raised" Buttons Graphics After Restart
@ 2004-02-21  9:30 ` Eli Zaretskii
       [not found] ` <mailman.230.1077355917.340.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2004-02-21  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: tennis_smith@yahoo.com (Tennis Smith)
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: 20 Feb 2004 11:13:17 -0800
>
> I restarted my emacs 21 session, and for some reason, the "raised"
> button graphics in things like "customize-groups" disappear.  Its all
> just plain text now. Before they were "raised button" graphics.
>
> How is that functionality turned on/off?

It isn't, AFAIK.  Emacs does that automatically when the mouse pointer
hovers above a mouse-sensitive region of its display.  Something is
wrong either with your window manager or with Emacs itself
(a.k.a. bug).

If you can reliably reproduce this problem, I'd suggest a bug report
posted to the usual addresses (use "M-x report-emacs-bug RET").

@ 2004-02-21 20:18   ` Tennis Smith
From: Tennis Smith @ 2004-02-21 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@elta.co.il> wrote in message news:<mailman.230.1077355917.340.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>...
> > From: tennis_smith@yahoo.com (Tennis Smith)
> > Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> > Date: 20 Feb 2004 11:13:17 -0800
> >
> > I restarted my emacs 21 session, and for some reason, the "raised"
> > button graphics in things like "customize-groups" disappear.  Its all
> > just plain text now. Before they were "raised button" graphics.
> >
> > How is that functionality turned on/off?
>
> It isn't, AFAIK.  Emacs does that automatically when the mouse pointer
> hovers above a mouse-sensitive region of its display.  Something is
> wrong either with your window manager or with Emacs itself
> (a.k.a. bug).
>
> If you can reliably reproduce this problem, I'd suggest a bug report
> posted to the usual addresses (use "M-x report-emacs-bug RET").

Thanks Eli.  I'll do that.

-Tennis