all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs as a C++ IDE
@ 2008-10-04 15:57 alessandro.bernardini.1979
From: alessandro.bernardini.1979 @ 2008-10-04 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I want to use Emacs for C++ programming with SuSE LINUX and Windows
Vista.

I have readed the Emacs manual and searched the web, but i still have
those questione:

- how can i have interactive help in emacs writing C++ code ? If i
write a C++ keyword, I would like to  get help and informations and
examples about it, only typing a command.

- how can i browse classes in emacs ? Is cscope the best tool ? I
woluld like to have informations about any classes or functions in my
code, and to browse it easily. I need informations not only about the
classes in my file, but in all header files too and so on recursively,
INCLUDING the standard library. Is this possible ?

- what about ecb ? What other tools i need ?

Thank you very much in advance !

A.B.