all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* close pending brackets in lisp mode
@ 2003-11-06 20:40 Orm Finnendahl
From: Orm Finnendahl @ 2003-11-06 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm looking for the command to close all pending open brackets in lisp
mode (by inserting as many close brackets at point as necessary). I
just can't find it in the documentation but am almost positive that I
once stumbled upon it.

Can somebody help?

--
Orm

* Re: close pending brackets in lisp mode
       [not found] <mailman.3351.1068151285.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-11-06 21:20 ` Edi Weitz
From: Edi Weitz @ 2003-11-06 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 21:40:26 +0100, Orm Finnendahl <finnendahl@folkwang-hochschule.de> wrote:

> I'm looking for the command to close all pending open brackets in
> lisp mode (by inserting as many close brackets at point as
> necessary). I just can't find it in the documentation but am almost
> positive that I once stumbled upon it.

ILISP has this, for Common Lisp. I don't know if it's available for
Emacs Lisp but maybe you can steal the code from there.  See
<http://cl-cookbook.sourceforge.net/emacs-ide.html>.

Edi.

@ 2003-11-06 21:57 ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2003-11-06 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Orm Finnendahl <finnendahl@folkwang-hochschule.de> writes:

> command to close all pending open brackets in lisp mode

one way is at:

  http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/software/
         ttn-pers-elisp/dist/
         lisp/prog-env/square-braces-as-parens.el

(url is in three pieces.)

thi