On 4/22/2023 12:51 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > The programmatic expression of the standards is in add-log.el, I > think. Thanks, that was helpful. From that, I see that you can list multiple files separated by commas and a space like so: * file1.txt, file2.txt add-log.el's font-lock doesn't allow lists of files like that to span multiple lines, but I think it's reasonable to support that in the hooks. Everything else about the entries can span multiple lines, after all. With add-log.el as a reference, I tightened up the Git hooks a bit so that they're stricter. They're still reasonably flexible though, e.g. it won't treat something like this as a file entry: * This is a bullet point. That will help reduce false positives so that committers can format the description of their commit fairly freely. Hopefully this is a good balance: the hooks are stricter than authors.el, but not so strict that reasonable (IMO) messages will be rejected.