all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* porting crufty old init.el to package management
@ 2014-03-24 22:30 Barry OReilly
From: Barry OReilly @ 2014-03-24 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom_Roche, help-gnu-emacs

https://github.com/jwiegley/use-package might be useful.

* porting crufty old init.el to package management
@ 2014-03-23 23:37 Tom Roche
From: Tom Roche @ 2014-03-23 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I've been using emacs for ~20 years, during which I have

1. accumulated a functional but aesthetically- and maintenance-challenged collection of {init.el, files it calls}
2. regularly bemoaned the lack of emacs package management

The latter problem has been solved (non-uniquely :-) for awhile now, and I'm setting up a new box, so I really should port my emacs configuration to the new millenium. I'm wondering, would anyone care to recommend especially worthy docs for this process (guides, howto's, tutorials)? esp how best to accommodate snippets of elisp (gists?)

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche@pobox.com>