all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* help please,please,please,please,please,please!!!
@ 2008-02-22  5:48 HANS jackman
From: HANS jackman @ 2008-02-22  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi there,

  please i wanna unsubscribe from your mailing list because i am receiving too much mail and it is taking me too much to search for my friends' mail. unfortunately i lost the original one and i must admit that i don't know what to do. so please try to help me out here.

  i know that i can count on you guys. thanks in advance and have a nice day.

  hans.

---------------------------------

* Re: help please,please,please,please,please,please!!!
@ 2008-02-22  7:14 ` Thierry Volpiatto
From: Thierry Volpiatto @ 2008-02-22  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: HANS jackman; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

HANS jackman <hansjackman@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
>   please i wanna unsubscribe from your mailing list because i am receiving too much mail and it is taking me too much to search for my friends' mail. unfortunately i lost the original one and i must admit that i don't know what to do. so please try to help me out here.

You can use procmail to filter your mail:
the mail of help-gnu-emacs are going in their box
the mail of your friends are going in the friend-box
...etc
You have to set gnus accordingly.
My mail system work with fetchmail==>procmail==>gnus
But i think gnus can do that alone also.
--
A + Thierry
Pub key: http://pgp.mit.edu

* Re: help please,please,please,please,please,please!!!
       [not found] <mailman.7766.1203659468.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-02-22  7:22 ` Martin Fischer
From: Martin Fischer @ 2008-02-22  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

  > Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:48:46 -0800 (PST)
  >
  > Hi there, please i wanna unsubscribe from your mailing list

8<--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

this is a news group not a mailing list.

Which mailing list do you want to be unsubcsribed from.

Cheers

Martin
--
parozusa at web dot de

* Re: help please,please,please,please,please,please!!!
@ 2008-02-22  7:26 ` Andrea Vettorello
From: Andrea Vettorello @ 2008-02-22  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 6:48 AM, HANS jackman <hansjackman@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> please i wanna unsubscribe from your mailing list because i am receiving too
> much mail and it is taking me too much to search for my friends' mail.
> unfortunately i lost the original one and i must admit that i don't know
> what to do. so please try to help me out here.
>
> i know that i can count on you guys. thanks in advance and have a nice day.

In every email of this mailing list, there's a line:

.

So to unsubscribe you can send mail at that address above with that
subject, or you can use the Mailman web interface.

HTH.

--
Andrea

* Re: help please,please,please,please,please,please!!!
@ 2008-02-22 10:19   ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2008-02-22 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

>  this is a news group not a mailing list.

FWIW, there's a newsgroup <-> mailing-list gateway; I'm reading it as
a mailing list (help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org).

 Juanma

@ 2008-02-22 17:07 ` Joel J. Adamson
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2008-02-22 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

HANS jackman <hansjackman@yahoo.com> writes:

> i know that i can count on you guys. thanks in advance and have a nice
> day.

You know, every tutorial I read says "writing a desperate and
non-descriptive subject line is sure to get you ignored."  The opposite
seems to be true.

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson