all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* What is swank?
@ 2006-02-01  5:11 Olwe Bottorff
From: Olwe Bottorff @ 2006-02-01  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've searched in vain and I can't find anything about
swank. What is it? Does it have a homepage?

OM

http://mail.yahoo.com

* Re: What is swank?
       [not found] <mailman.475.1138770896.3044.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-02-01 13:16 ` Albert Reiner
From: Albert Reiner @ 2006-02-01 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

[Olwe Bottorff <galanolwe@yahoo.com>, Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:11:39 -0800 (PST)]:
> I've searched in vain and I can't find anything about
> swank. What is it? Does it have a homepage?

It is part of

    SLIME: The Superior Lisp Interaction Mode for Emacs
         http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/

HTH,

Albert.

* Re: What is swank?
@ 2006-02-01 14:25 ` Andrea Vettorello
From: Andrea Vettorello @ 2006-02-01 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/1/06, Olwe Bottorff <galanolwe@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've searched in vain and I can't find anything about
> swank. What is it? Does it have a homepage?

It should be the server side companion of SLIME (Superior LISP Interaction
Mode for Emacs), http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/

Andrea

@ 2006-02-01 20:56 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2006-02-01 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Olwe Bottorff <galanolwe@yahoo.com> writes:

> I've searched in vain and I can't find anything about
> swank. What is it? Does it have a homepage?
>
> OM

> http://mail.yahoo.com

SWANK is the common-lisp part of SLIME mode (Superior Lisp Interaction
Mode). Essentially, it is the CL code which provides the remote lisp
interface which emacs SLIME communicates with. SWANK is part of the
SLIME package.

HTH

Tim

--