all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#8536: 23.2; Start option geometry is ignored
       [not found] <87ipu65ukz.fsf@HALINUX.BRENNICH>
@ 2011-05-25 18:37 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2011-05-25 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harald Brennich; +Cc: 8536

(Looks like your From: address may be invalid, so I am not sure you will
receive this.)

Harald Brennich wrote:

> When emacs is started via command line
> emacs -g 81x60
> or
> emacs -geometry 81x60
> the number of characters fitting in a line is 81, but the number of
> lines is 33 (ignoring the title, the menu, the bottom line of the buffer
> and the minibuffer) independant of the number specified in -g mxn.

I cannot reproduce this. Does it happen with `emacs -Q -geometry...'?
Do you have any X resources, or "desktop environment settings" (whatever
those might be...) that could be relevant?
Can you try Emacs 23.3?

@ 2011-07-10  1:14   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2011-07-10  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 8536-done

This bug is being closed because it could not be reproduced and there
was no response to a request for more information.
If you reply with the requested information it can be reopened.

You can view the whole report at http://debbugs.gnu.org/BUGNUMBER