On 24.10.2022 08:14, Bozhidar Batsov wrote: > The patch seems fine to me, but I'm a bit skeptical about the whole > rolling releases idea in general This is the default operation for MELPA, which arguably has more popular packages than ELPA. It works fine. > should something like a change to the docs really result in a new release? Yes. Unconditionally. Every patch is probably a feature or a bug-fix to some aspect of the package. As a user, I want those as soon as they are available. > How hard it is for people to actually update version timestamps > themselves or to just stick to the *-devel repos if they don't want to > cut releases? As a package-developer, I may release patches weekly, but I update main versions maybe once every second year, if/when someone bothers me about it. Not having to version things manually is a god-send. > > How much was the demand for something like this in general? I can't > think of any major Emacs package that does rolling releases. All of them does, if they're on MELPA. That's what MELPA does. -- Jostein