all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to load file into interpreter(python)?
@ 2008-09-15 18:58 cnb
From: cnb @ 2008-09-15 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Python-mode worked right out out of the box in Emacs and then I added
Python to my path so now the interpreter works as well.

However when I try to load a file(that is not located in site-
packages) it doesn't work.
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):

ImportError: No module named parsing

It is fairly impractical to work with if that doesn't work and cut and
pasting doesn't work(not that it is a good alternative in the first
place) because of Python being intendation-sensitive.

Can I add something to my .emacs-file to solve this?

* Re: how to load file into interpreter(python)?
@ 2008-09-15 21:06 ` Oleksandr Gavenko
       [not found] ` <mailman.19307.1221515526.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2008-09-15 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On C-c C-l I get same error as you if load file from other dir
then firstly loaded.

Value of
   import sys
   print sys.path
get me some like
['', ..., 'e:\\bin\\python'].

Interpreter search import in this dirs.
How change it with working emacs I don't know.

Try eval file by C-c C-c (work from any dirs, but you must
sequentially load file to satisfy depends), there are many wrong.

Emacs and Python still badly friend (bed integration).

* Re: how to load file into interpreter(python)?
@ 2008-09-15 22:01 ` Thierry Volpiatto
       [not found] ` <mailman.19307.1221515526.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Thierry Volpiatto @ 2008-09-15 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cnb; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

cnb <circularfunc@yahoo.se> writes:

> Python-mode worked right out out of the box in Emacs and then I added
> Python to my path so now the interpreter works as well.

What do you use ?
python-mode.el or python.el .

> However when I try to load a file(that is not located in site-
> packages) it doesn't work.
>
> ImportError: No module named parsing

All the modules you load have to be:

in your PYTHONPATH

or

in current directory

> It is fairly impractical to work with if that doesn't work and cut and
> pasting doesn't work(not that it is a good alternative in the first
> place) because of Python being intendation-sensitive.
>
> Can I add something to my .emacs-file to solve this?

What is your actual config of python ?

--
A + Thierry Volpiatto
Location: Saint-Cyr-Sur-Mer - France

@ 2008-09-16 10:07   ` cnb
From: cnb @ 2008-09-16 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

C:/Python25/;C:/Python25/Progs;

thos eare in my windows load path.

(setq load-path (cons "C:/Python25/" load-path))

(setq load-path (cons "C:/Python25/Progs/NetFlixRecSys/parsing.py"
load-path))

if I add soemthing like C:/somedir then everything in somedir is in my
loadpath? because i have C:/Python25/Progs/Netflix/parsing.py and it
doesn't load.

@ 2008-09-16 10:08   ` cnb
From: cnb @ 2008-09-16 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

im using the default python mode in latest emacs.

@ 2008-09-16 10:26   ` cnb
From: cnb @ 2008-09-16 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

even when using import/reload file from the emacs-python-menu and
choosing the file in the windows-GUI, thus giving the whole path I
still get the same error.